So a couple of years I moved out of state with a boyfriend. Was super excited about this but with reason had anxiety about simply being so far from family and friends. One of the reasons my anxiety was coming out was with nightmares and night terrors. I would wake up violently sitting up in a cold sweat, gasping and whatnot. On one specific night I'd woken up the sound of our doorbell ringing. Which at four in the morning is fucking nerve wracking. So I shook my boyfriend completely awake and informed him I noticed the doorbell as well as to go check it because I was scared. He rapidly jumps up. Puts on clothes and grabs a bat. Goes all the healthy way to the front door and opens it. I, scared shitless, am peeking around the corner watching it all go down. I see him step outside and I nervously await the verdict of the situation when I notice him call out to me. Babe? And I respond genuine shaky, Yes? He stands in the doorway with a real frustrated tired appearance in his eyes and states, We do not have a fucking doorbell.